19 June 2009

231 in Dog Years

I feel old. I have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis in multiple joints. Can you say polyarticular? I wish I didn't need to. I use a wheelchair sometimes mainly to take the weight off my knees. Things like museums are just too difficult without it. It took me a long time to work out how to pace myself and allow for days when I can't do much. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Taking care of me is definitely a trick or at least tricky. I was only 119 when I was first diagnosed with some form of arthritis. (Hey! She's making us do Math.) That's 17 to you humans. It changed my whole perspective. A life of promise became more complicated. Teachers, think twice before telling your students they can do anything. It might not be true. I'm not saying that I am unhappy with my life. I get to do some of the things I love; I just have to be a little less ambitious. Did I mention the manic-depression? Hm, guess not. There are days when I want to do everything all at once. Hey, me! Nobody can do that. Maybe God can if you believe in God. I never wanted to be God. Queen of the World, yes! I think I'd be good at it. Then again, I'm kind of a communist. Life is full of contradictions. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Bitsy. *Hugs* (BTW, a little warning might've been good, took me a couple minutes to realize that wasn't random spam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this. (Hadn't checked Gmail in a while.) A big hug! Love from us all in NH - D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bitsy, Wish I could fix everything.

    Love, Laurel

    ReplyDelete